top of page
IN-DEPTH: Why is the South China Sea such a pivotal region? W/ Professor Rory Medcalf
Professor Medcalf is the Head of the National Security College at ANU, he has published two books Indo-Pacific Empire: China, America and the Contest for the World's Pivotal Region and Contest for the Indo-Pacific: Why China Won't Map the Future.
In this episode, Gen and Professor Medcalf discuss:
- Inside China's nationalism and instability in the indo-pacific region
- What kind of relationship does Australia want with China?
- China's claim over the South China Sea and its impact on surrounding countries
- What precedents does China's artificial islands set for the International Law of the Sea?
- The role of Belt and Road Initiative
bottom of page